Christian Classical education is powerful, proven, and purposeful education.
FAITH CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, LOCATED IN ROANOKE, VA, IS A CHRISTIAN CLASSICAL SCHOOL.
What is Christian Classical Education?
For nearly a quarter of a century, Faith Christian has offered a distinctly Christian and distinctly Classical education that prepares our students for what lies ahead. Faith provides robust academics in a nurturing Christian environment.
Christian Classical education is…
- We desire that your child will grow in a personal relationship with Christ.
- We hold to foundational principles of Christian belief (read our Statement Of Faith here).
- We teach that God is the author of all life; therefore, everything we study gives insight into the nature and character of God.
- We prepare your child to be in the world yet not of it.
- We work to provide a safe, caring environment where your child will flourish.
- We seek, at an age-appropriate level, to equip your child to engage the world and culture in godly, redemptive ways and to discern what is true, good, and beautiful.
- We follow a proven model of education that for over 2,000 years produced some of the finest theologians, statesmen, composers, inventors, artists, adventurers, and influencers the world has ever known.
- Our approach does not change with the latest educational fad or experiment.
- Our goal is that students will understand rather than simply memorize.
- We teach students how to engage new material on their own, to reason well, and to communicate persuasively.
- We require students to work hard, to think clearly, and to engage actively in learning. These skills prepare our graduates to take on the challenges life brings.
- We cultivate in our students both humility and confidence.
For a deeper understanding of our model, read our “Core Beliefs About Education.”
Click here to view our Head of School’s video introduction to Christian Classical Education.