We reflect God through creativity.
FAITH CHRISTIAN SCHOOL OFFERS AN ARTS, MUSIC, AND THEATER PROGRAM IN ROANOKE, VA.
“We’ve watched Jenna’s creativity increase because of Faith Christian.”
Similar to art, music moves our souls. It is difficult not to be carried away by Pachelbel’s Canon—swept up in its beauty and grace. Soundtracks for movies accentuate danger and fear, or care and compassion. Understanding the nature of music deepens our ability to enjoy beauty. The Scriptures are full of calls to worship God with song and instrument. We believe music appreciation, performance, and literacy are critical elements to living a full life.
“Luke has never had more opportunities for the arts.”
Theater is a powerful tool which serves students for their entire lives. The following are a few of the particular skills drama instruction can develop:
- Understanding the power of story
- Understanding differing perspectives—walking in another’s shoes, empathy
- Historical or biographical theater broadens our appreciation for complex issues, personalizing historical and literary characters, and developing new perspectives on the times/eras, etc.
- Confidence being in front of others
- Building skills of diction, projection, articulation, inflection, and voice control
- Deepening appreciation for poetry, prose, meter, alliteration, nuance
- Being part of a team, a troupe, playing off one another
- Body awareness in time and space
- Audience awareness
- Building memorization “muscles”
- Growing in courage, confidence, boldness, humility, grace, deference, patience, etc.