Project Faith 2021
Our all-school fundraiser and service project will be held on Friday, April 30th.
To celebrate our 20th year of Project Faith, we will serve TWO worthy locations. We will return to HopeTree Family Services, located in Salem, VA, where we worked last year, and we will also serve Mill Mountain Zoo.
- Mill Mountain Zoo was founded in 1952 and continues its mission to promote an appreciation and understanding of wildlife and preservation through quality exhibits and educational programs.
- Through a wide variety of programs, HopeTree carries out its mission to provide Christian residential, educational, and support services to at-risk children and youth and their families, and to adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
The Lower School students will serve at Mill Mountain Zoo while Middle and Upper School students will serve at HopeTree.
This year nearly 500 students, parents, faculty, and alumni will serve Mill Mountain Zoo and HopeTree Family Services by painting, cleaning, landscaping, repairing, and organizing. These are projects the organizations simply would not be able to complete due to budget and personnel constraints. Faith Christian School is honored to serve these fine non-profit organizations.
Each year we choose a verse to inspire our work. This year's verse is:
"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)
Heather Matthews will serve as the Project Faith Committee Chair and will lead a team of Project Managers. These are parent-volunteers and alumni who have already been hard at work on Project Faith for months. Grades have been assigned to Project Manager Teams. You will hear soon from your Project Managers with specific details about the work that day. This year’s Project Faith Committee includes:
- Heather Matthews, Chair
- Laura Powell and Samantha Clayman, Mill Mountain Zoo
- Whitney Roche and Erin Myers, Mill Mountain Zoo
- Rachel Pasley and Tammy Burton, HopeTree Family Services
- Katy Eng and Jennifer Dorminey, HopeTree Family Services
- Waid Powell and Alumni Brett Jones, Logistics Managers
2021 Project Faith Goals
We are again striving for 100% student participation in sending out letters! We have also asked that every family send sponsor letters to at least three new people, above the minimum required letters. We will also offer a variety of incentives to students that participate in letter writing.
Project Faith Day & Celebration Day
Project Faith day is a day of service—a full school day dedicated to completing all tasks, as well as packing and cleaning up at the project site before we leave. We will take breaks for snacks and everyone brings a packed lunch. We will break for a mid-morning snack as well as lunch, then wrap up early afternoon to head home.
The Project Faith Celebration Day will be held for all students, faculty, and staff as an extended lunch/party on the Warrior field with tons of fun on Monday, May 3rd. We will celebrate together the successful completion of Project Faith 2021.
Make sure to request your Project Faith 2021 volunteer t-shirts, here.
Project Faith Work Locations
Click on image for to open a PDF version.